Tuesday 23 October 2012

Apparently I Needed a Blog

A while ago I was told I should start a blog so the family can keep tabs on me.  So here it is.  Be prepared, I'm probably not the blogging type, and I may not have oodles of time to update it. 

The big "new" news with me is that Rob and I are buying a new townhouse!  It is currently a hole in the ground, but will hopefully be a beautiful home by mid-to-late April.  If interested click here to see the floor plan.  We are opting for 2 bedrooms with a larger loft, gas fireplace, and upstairs laundry.  I should soon be getting a catalogue to choose interior options.  Exciting stuff!

Work is busy and always exciting.  We've had a patient in hospital for the past month, who had spinal disc disease and underwent spinal surgery.  He was completely paralyzed so his owners decided it was an opportune time to go to Australia for a month.  It took us a lot of hard work and patience, but after 3 weeks of intense physiotherapy he was able to start to use all 4 legs, and when picked up by his owners  this past weekend (4 weeks post-op) he was able to walk to them!  He's kind of our pride and joy.  I do not, however, recommend leaving your dog in a high-end animal hospital for a month if you can avoid it...their bill was over $11,000!

Although I hear you Ontario-ites are expecting +20 degree weather this week, us Albertans have gotten this:


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment